Changes for a Windows Platform

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

aggiedj02

Changes for a Windows Platform

Post by aggiedj02 »

so when moving to MSSQL and a MS O/S the change does not seem nearly as smooth as it says it is on the documentation I have read. I wanted to know if anyone else has had issues, and what was done to overcome the issues.

I had to change all the blob data types and some others as MSSQL does not support it. Also, the MSSQL script in the zip file is trash basically and is no longer current with the newer version. As soon as I get everything ironed out, I will post a MSSQL script to create the tables if someone asks for it.

Also, it appears some of the queries in the code itself are not cross-compatible. I have only smoke tested it as of now so I don't know how many of these there are, and I have yet to fix it.

Hmm... the encrypting schema does not work as the MD5 call made is not supported natively by MSSQL. That's no big deal as I will rewrite this anyway with a new key, but for now, I have to use PLAIN as my password encrypting technique as it is being tweaked. No biggie here really.

Can't think of anything else really... anyone else have any issues or am I the only one?
riziko

Post by riziko »

A few versions ago I also did a quick smoke test. I found the problems that you described above as well as :

* problems with columns having data longer than 256 characters (e.g. varchar(8000) or text)
* Quotes (") or (') are escaped by mantis and end up as \" or \' which is incorrect for MSSQL
* search was not working

Not sure if any of these have been fixed so I am still using MySQL. I would like to move to SQL server when the support is better.

Ross
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

Can you please file these observations in the tracker at http://bugs.mantisbt.org/ ? There is a concerted effort in the next few incremental releases to provide better support for postgresql and mssql.