Advice on Managing Enhancement Requests

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

tuvia

Advice on Managing Enhancement Requests

Post by tuvia »

Before we implement mantis, I was hoping some experienced people might advise us as to the best way, if it is possible, to manage reported enhancement requests.

IOW we get bug reports, of course sometimes they are bugs in all the categories, but sometimes it becomes an enhancement request. The problem is we do not want to really see these in our daily bug management, but we need to be able to check in 3 circumstances: 1) see if it has been requested before when we search for bug info aabout a product, 2) use the list when we create new versions and track, 3) track which ER's have been included in which version of the software so we can tell people "upgrade" for that new feature, or which ER's we are rejecting.

This is a subsidiary function to the bug tracking, but it is important and we would like to do it all together.

Thanks
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Advice on Managing Enhancement Requests

Post by atrol »

Have a look at the roadmap and the changelog.
https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/roadmap_page.php
https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/changelog_page.php

Settings the fields "Target Version" and "Fixed in Version" of issues is enough to get such kind of lists.

I recommend to use the field "Severity" to distinguish between bugs and feature requests.
You can use the filter functionality of "View Issues" page to separate them and to get lists.

Use free text search functionality of "View Issues" page to search for similar issues.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
tuvia

Re: Advice on Managing Enhancement Requests

Post by tuvia »

Thank you for your fast and thorough reply.

p.s. I am not sure what you thought I should be looking for in the roadmap/changelog.