Next mantis major release (mantis 2.x) ?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

poulpy55

Next mantis major release (mantis 2.x) ?

Post by poulpy55 »

Hi all,

I know, that's a terrible question, and I dare to ask it but...
I'm not hoping any new versions soon, but since I am working on mantis 1.2 code for an internal project in our office, I would like to know if a date is planned for when mantis 2.x will be main trunk.

I did not found any answer, maybe because the keywords for searching this are too common ^^ (mantisbt 2 release date version ... all these are common mantis terms...).

Anyway thank you for making current versions, since I got my firsts processional programming experience thanks to mantisbt project. Maybe you will see a "contacts" plugin released one day, to manage contacts related to projects (get names, e-mails, phone numbers etc...).

Best regards,
Poulpy55
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Next mantis major release (mantis 2.x) ?

Post by atrol »

There is no real plan for version 2.x at the moment.
The next version will be 1.3.x. The code base for 1.3 is the current master branch at https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt

You will find also branches master-2.0.x and next.
Forget them at the moment. The branches are quite dead and a lot of commits behind master branch.
Version 2.x will start from current master branch after 1.3 is out. Maybe some changes will be backported from master-2.0.x and next.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
poulpy55

Re: Next mantis major release (mantis 2.x) ?

Post by poulpy55 »

Thank you for the infos, it cleared me some anxious feeling that I was integrating some codes that would be all replaced soon.

Good continuation for all.