Connection error [pear_error: message="-ERR [AUTH] Authenti

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

SomethingStrange

Connection error [pear_error: message="-ERR [AUTH] Authenti

Post by SomethingStrange »

Hello :)
As I need to be o be as much straightforward as I can:
No metter how I configure email box IMAP /POP Always have the same error Location: Attempt login
[pear_error: message="-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed." code=-1 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

I have clean, newest mantis version installation and current Email Reporting version. I can normally connect to email via thunderbird for example.
Hope someone can help :)
SL-Gundam

Re: Connection error [pear_error: message="-ERR [AUTH] Auth

Post by SL-Gundam »

This means that the login has failed. Usually this means that the username or the password is incorrect based on this error

Which mail server are you connecting to? if on premise what software is the mail server running on?
Last edited by SL-Gundam on 22 Jan 2018, 02:07, edited 2 times in total.
SomethingStrange

As I said, I can normally connect to this account for example via thunderbird. Can normally recieve and send email from this account. (tested a few times ;) )

What mail server are you connecting to? if on premise what software is the mail server running on?

I dont know if I understand you clear but I think the software is Sendmail.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Sendmail is not a mailserver. Its a system for sending emails through various protocols.

What address has been configured in your mail client (the one that works properly) for the POP3 or IMAP server?

Do you use 2FA (2 factor authentication) on the account in question?
SomethingStrange

Re: Connection error [pear_error: message="-ERR [AUTH] Authenti

I think we can consider topic as resolved- not because we managed problem with email but because we did bug reporting via RestAPI