trouble with Email reporting.

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Genaro

trouble with Email reporting.

Post by Genaro »

I installed the email report plugin and I filled out the Mailbox settings, but I'm not sure if I had filled this out right or am I missing a step?
Attachments
What am I missing?
What am I missing?
email repot.PNG (35.41 KiB) Viewed 9197 times
SL-Gundam

Re: trouble with Email reporting.

Post by SL-Gundam »

Whether this is correct depends on your mail server and what you intend to do. But in theory this could be correct.

Whether you are missing something depends on what you expect to happen and whether or not that expectation should be happening

In short, what do you expect that should happen now?
Genaro

Post by Genaro »

What I was hoping to happen is that when I receive an email about from a co worker with a problem, that it would forward it to me through mantis.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Why not create a mail group? and add the emailreporting mailbox and yourself as members of that mailgroup?

Another option which MantisBT and EmailReporting does offer is that when a ticket is created that a notification is sent. This notification email could be send to you
The ticket will be created by EmailReporting
MantisBT will handle the notification system
Genaro

Post by Genaro »

Yes, those are some very good options would you have any lecture/instructions how I could set that up? This is my first time interacting with Mantis BT and my boss wants me to set this up so that our co workers can send issues via email. Basically what you as mentioned "This notification email could be send to you
The ticket will be created by EmailReporting
MantisBT will handle the notification system".
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Here a short summary of what needs to be done for the second solution.

MantisBT
- make sure the necessary users have accounts in MantisBT
- Setup the notifications system here: http://your.mantisbt.url/mantisbt/manag ... l_page.php (or something like that. You can also find it by going in ManthisBT to "Manage" -> "Manage Configuration" -> "E-mail Notifications").
- If you want to receive a notification for new issues that are created. Mark the appropriate access levels (viewer, reporter, updater, developer, manager, administrator) for the row "Status changes to 'new'"
- By default MantisBT will not notify you of your own actions. This can be adjusted in the MantisBT config_inc.php. The setting you're looking for is: email_receive_own
- Check the option email_send_using_cronjob in the MantisBT config_inc.php. If this is turned ON (If you turn it off you do not need to do this) you will also need to create a cronjob/scheduled job for "/your MantisBT path/scripts/send_emails.php". I suggest you schedule the job for every 5 minutes during office/working hours if you want to use this.
- Make sure you've set up the smtp server in the MantisBT config_inc.php

If any of the settings i'm mentioning are missing from config_inc.php, you can find them in config_defaults_inc.php and copy paste them to config_inc.php

EmailReporting
- Add a mailbox (based on this forum thread you've already done this). But perform a "Complete test" to see if it works
- Add a cronjob/scheduled job for "/your MantisBT path/plugins/EmailReporting/scripts/bug_report_mail.php". I suggest you schedule the job for every 5 minutes during office/working hours
- On the "Manage Configuration Options" page of EmailReporting adjust the settings as you see fit.

Make sure your clients/users/colleagues have the email address of the EmailReporting mailbox you have set up.

Good luck