|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2013-12-11 03:23 EST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Wiki | Repositories|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004749||mantisbt||feature||public||2004-10-20 16:36||2004-11-06 05:59|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.19.1|
|Summary||0004749: Uploading large files fails & slogs Apache|
|Description||Uploading large files (>1-2MB) to an issue, though smaller than limit, usually fails (sometimes succeeds). The larger the file, the more likely it is to fail. |
The Mantis site does NOT return a response page when this happens. Thereafter the site is flaky (pages sometimes don't return or are slow to return) until I re-start the Apache WebServer.
|Additional Information||Smaller files (<400k) always seem to succeed.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|The same thing happens when uploading large project documentation files.|
What storage are you using (DISK or DATABASE)?
If DATABASE, have you checked php.ini under the Resource Limits heading? You may be running out of execution time?
Is anything logged in the server?
Thanks thraxisp. I checked the Apache logs and found that PHP was exceeding its memory limit of 8M (yikes! for a 1.5M file upload!).
I bumped the limit to 16M and got the following error:
Database query failed. Error received from database was 0002006: MySQL server has gone away for the query: INSERT INTO mantis_bug_file_table
(bug_id, title, description, diskfile, filename, folder, filesize, file_type, date_added, content)
(35, '', '', 'uploads/87995118ca2d96636859be99f8021d70', 'CarniglC.2004.07.26.1427.NotherCurveSetChecked.deco', 'uploads/', 1561730, 'text/plain', '2004-10-22 10:45:47', 'OCLI Persistence Engine Version 1.1\nCreated with...[rest of uploaded file]
MySQL also has similar limits for uploading entries (max_packet_size, bulk_insert_buffer).
As an aside, I've been told that MySQL is inefficient for storing large files (>64K). You may want to look at switching your attachment storage to DISK.
I didn't know about the DISK option, I much prefer this.
I've changed to that option and now all works well. Thanks for the tip thraxisp.
The powers that be may want to close this issue suggesting
$g_file_upload_method = DISK
as the fix.
|Added additional warnings in admin/check.php.|
|2004-10-20 16:36||eX21||New Issue|
|2004-10-20 16:38||eX21||Note Added: 0008123|
|2004-10-21 05:37||thraxisp||Note Added: 0008124|
|2004-10-22 12:43||eX21||Note Added: 0008143|
|2004-10-22 13:18||thraxisp||Note Added: 0008144|
|2004-10-22 18:00||eX21||Note Added: 0008146|
|2004-10-24 14:01||thraxisp||Status||new => resolved|
|2004-10-24 14:01||thraxisp||Fixed in Version||=> 0.19.1|
|2004-10-24 14:01||thraxisp||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2004-10-24 14:01||thraxisp||Assigned To||=> thraxisp|
|2004-10-24 14:01||thraxisp||Note Added: 0008153|
|2004-10-24 14:04||thraxisp||Relationship added||child of 0004350|
|2004-11-06 05:59||vboctor||Status||resolved => closed|
| MantisBT 1.2.16dev master-1.2.x-9aa19be [^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2013 MantisBT Team
Time: 0.0969 seconds.|
memory usage: 2,900 KB