View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0020358mantisbtlocalizationpublic2016-06-12 00:42
ReporteratrolAssigned Toatrol 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
Status closedResolutionfixed 
Product Version1.3.0-rc.1 
Target Version1.3.0-rc.2Fixed in Version1.3.0-rc.2 
Summary0020358: Admin language tests throw strange warnings
Description

Running admin/test_langs.php gives warnings like

Testing language file 'strings_belarusian_tarask.txt' (phase 1)...
WARNING: '$s_filter_match_type' is not defined in the English language file

Testing language file 'strings_belarusian_tarask.txt' (phase 2)...
Testing language file 'strings_breton.txt' (phase 1)...
WARNING: '$s_filter_match_type' is not defined in the English language file

The strange thing is, that the message is always for the English file

TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

cproensa

cproensa

2015-12-20 16:42

developer   ~0052142

I confirm this happens in the 1.3.0-rc1 head
However, in current master, it's working fine.

atrol

atrol

2015-12-20 17:03

developer   ~0052143

However, in current master, it's working fine.
Because we got localisation updates from https://translatewiki.net https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/commit/ceb94b39641a755742c07482c4bff0ae0521eb97

dregad

dregad

2015-12-20 18:18

developer   ~0052145

This message is normal.

The 'filter_match_type' language string was removed from English file in MantisBT master 48593d34 but other language files were not updated as we rely on TranslateWiki for that.

vboctor

vboctor

2015-12-20 18:44

manager   ~0052146

I believe the fix for this issue is to remove the check from the script. It is perfectly normal to have strings in English, but not in other language and vice versa.

I've discussed it with @dregad offline and he looked up the change which was added in commit 41a4ea5 by grangeway.

dregad

dregad

2015-12-20 19:10

developer   ~0052148

To be clear:

It is perfectly normal to have strings in English, but not in other language

Yes

and vice versa.

That is not a normal situation.

I don't consider it an issue, because in theory this should not happen (since TranslateWiki generates the foreign language files based on the English one).

In that case, the error highlighted the fact that we did not update the translations prior to releasing rc1.

atrol

atrol

2015-12-21 13:48

developer   ~0052157

Reminder sent to: dregad, vboctor

I set severity to minor.
I thought at first sight it's major because I was confused by the message for "English" files.

I think we can close this as the performed check is right and helps to ensure quality when releasing.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2015-12-07 17:44 atrol New Issue
2015-12-20 16:42 cproensa Note Added: 0052142
2015-12-20 17:03 atrol Note Added: 0052143
2015-12-20 18:18 dregad Assigned To => dregad
2015-12-20 18:18 dregad Status new => resolved
2015-12-20 18:18 dregad Resolution open => no change required
2015-12-20 18:18 dregad Note Added: 0052145
2015-12-20 18:19 dregad Target Version 1.3.0-rc.2 =>
2015-12-20 18:44 vboctor Assigned To dregad =>
2015-12-20 18:44 vboctor Status resolved => new
2015-12-20 18:44 vboctor Resolution no change required => reopened
2015-12-20 18:44 vboctor Note Added: 0052146
2015-12-20 19:10 dregad Note Added: 0052148
2015-12-21 13:48 atrol Note Added: 0052157
2015-12-21 13:48 atrol Severity major => minor
2015-12-23 14:47 atrol Assigned To => atrol
2015-12-23 14:47 atrol Status new => resolved
2015-12-23 14:47 atrol Resolution reopened => fixed
2015-12-23 14:47 atrol Fixed in Version => 1.3.0-rc.2
2015-12-23 14:49 atrol Target Version => 1.3.0-rc.2
2016-06-12 00:42 vboctor Status resolved => closed