View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0015427||mantisbt||db mssql||public||2013-01-26 02:14||2014-12-08 00:34|
|Target Version||1.3.0-beta.1||Fixed in Version||1.3.0-beta.1|
|Summary||0015427: Deploy mantis with MSSQL and UTF8|
I have deployed a mantisbt instance for issue manage. and since it's WW project, globalization is a MUST option. and the environment is Microsoft IIS7.5 as web server and MS SQLSERVER 2008 R2 as database with MSSQL native driver.
There are many errors in the database scripts when install.php was requested.
After many test, I changed the next column to nvarchar(max), and modified the php file:
finally, it works well.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Thanks for the bug report. Based on your description, the problem seems to be not with Mantis, but with the underlying ADOdb library. Please note that this is not maintained by us, we just bundle it.
That the ADOdb version packaged with MantisBT 1.2.12 is quite outdated (it's a custom-patched 5.10). I am planning to upgrade that at some point (see 0013713), but don't know when it will actually happen.
Considering that there have been many improvements in the mssqlnative ADOdb driver since 5.10, I recommend that you download the latest version (5.18)  and see if it works.
If not, please file a bug report on the ADOdb support forum  and attach a link to it here.
maybe this will cause other drivers issue? I don't know...
As I said before, MantisBT relies on an underlying library (ADOdb) for all database operations. There is no way to achieve what you say, without changing ADOdb.
So if you want it fixed, you need to report it upstream.
|2013-01-26 02:14||efrey||New Issue|
|2013-01-26 03:36||atrol||Relationship added||related to 0009809|
|2013-01-28 04:28||dregad||Note Added: 0034928|
|2013-01-28 04:28||dregad||Status||new => acknowledged|
|2013-01-28 04:29||dregad||Relationship added||related to 0013713|
|2013-01-28 09:55||efrey||Note Added: 0034934|
|2013-01-28 10:47||dregad||Note Added: 0034935|
|2013-10-17 12:30||dregad||Status||acknowledged => resolved|
|2013-10-17 12:30||dregad||Fixed in Version||=> 1.3.0-beta.1|
|2013-10-17 12:30||dregad||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2013-10-17 12:30||dregad||Assigned To||=> dregad|
|2013-10-17 12:58||dregad||Target Version||=> 1.3.0-beta.1|
|2014-12-08 00:34||vboctor||Status||resolved => closed|