|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2013-06-18 22:12 EDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Wiki | ManTweet | Repositories|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0013902||mantisbt||api soap||public||2012-02-16 04:29||2012-06-18 03:36|
|Priority||normal||Severity||feature||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0013902: SOAP method to retrieve User ID|
|Description||Here is the use case:|
We have a custom reporting application which uses the SOAP API. Currently this application uses mc_project_get_issues() to retrieve the issues per project and then by reporter. There are hundreds of issues in each project and each issue in turn has numerous notes added. Since mc_project_get_issues() fetch the entire data, we are planning to switch to mc_project_get_issue_headers() which retrieve only the essential data. However, mc_project_get_issue_headers() has only reporter_id which prevents us to aggregate issues based on reporter.
So it would be nice to have an API which returns the user_id of the reporter which can be used to filter results from mc_project_get_issue_headers.
This can be easily implemented since there is already mci_get_user_id() in soap/mc_api.php which returns the user_id.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
edited on: 2012-06-18 01:33
I'm re-opening this since the implementation for the related issue only tackled this problem for the logged in user. For the other scenario, here are some thoughts:
1. If we are to provide mc_user_get() - who would have the right to get such information? We can make it so everyone can, but limit access to parts of this information like email address to the same level enforced by the web interface.
2. Assuming we provided such API, the client will still have to issue N calls to get the information for the users that it has ids for. Don't we need a batch version of such API?
3. For the methods that return references to users, shouldn't they be using ObjectRef to such users? This would include the user id and name (not full name / email). If we implement the batch get, then we may not necessarily need to change ids to objectrefs (hence, saving memory).
4. Should we support passing in ObjectRef so that the client can retrieve information about a user using its id or name?
1. +1 for same level as enforced by the web UI
3. the *_get_issue_headers methods return ids, while the *_get_issues ones return ObjectRefs . I think it's safe to keep it like this.
I'm going to leave 2,4 to the reporter.
|2012-02-16 04:29||libregeek||New Issue|
|2012-02-16 04:41||rombert||Target Version||=> 1.3.x|
|2012-02-16 04:41||rombert||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2012-06-02 01:22||vboctor||Relationship added||duplicate of 0013445|
|2012-06-02 01:22||vboctor||Status||new => resolved|
|2012-06-02 01:22||vboctor||Resolution||open => duplicate|
|2012-06-02 01:22||vboctor||Assigned To||=> vboctor|
|2012-06-16 06:36||atrol||Target Version||1.3.x =>|
|2012-06-16 06:36||atrol||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2012-06-16 19:26||vboctor||Assigned To||vboctor =>|
|2012-06-16 19:26||vboctor||Status||resolved => feedback|
|2012-06-16 19:26||vboctor||Resolution||duplicate => reopened|
|2012-06-16 19:29||vboctor||Note Added: 0032113|
|2012-06-18 01:33||vboctor||Note Edited: 0032113||View Revisions|
|2012-06-18 03:36||rombert||Note Added: 0032115|
| MantisBT 1.2.16dev master-1.2.x-05091f5 [^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2013 MantisBT Team
Time: 0.0670 seconds.|
memory usage: 2,818 KB